Text Killer Justin P Harrison
Free (Not even ads!)
This won’t take long.
What we have here is an app that:
- Works precisely as advertised
- Is free with NO ADS (pretty much a giveaway by the developer)
- Was created by a redditor (this is a slight bonus, to me)
When you flip the switch to ON, you can long-press the search button and splat – all your texts are deleted. This even works if you have multiple apps using long-press search functions – you just choose Text Killer from the list of possible actions. It also allows you to set a ‘password’ that when texted to your phone from another, will remotely delete all your texts. This is a neat function, even for the simplest reason of just deleting your text messages; the value increases if you have one of the specific situations you might wish you did, for example:
- You’re a cheating scumbag, and your significant other has access to your phone
- You’re a drug-dealing scumbag, and the police have your phone
- Your phone was stolen by some scumbag and you don’t want them to gain access to your personal messages
- Your boss or parents or someone has your phone and blah blah blah… scumbags
Alright, maybe I can only think of mostly seedy examples of why this is useful, but at the incredible price of absolutely nothing, this app is a rare gem. Even if, like me, all you use it for is an easy way to empty your cache – can’t argue with no-ads free.